By Jamie Kurtz,Brian Wortman
The ASP.NET MVC Framework has regularly been an exceptional platform on which to enforce REST-based prone, however the advent of the ASP.NET net API Framework raised the bar to an entire new level.
Now in liberate model 2.1, the internet API Framework has developed right into a strong and refreshingly usable platform. This concise ebook presents technical history and counsel that may enable you top use the ASP.NET net API 2 Framework to construct world-class relaxation services.
New content material during this version includes:
- New features in net API 2 (currently model 2.1).
- Support for partial updates, or PATCH.
- API versioning.
- Support for legacy SOAP-based operations.
- How to deal with non-resource APIs utilizing REST
- How to most sensible divulge relationships among resources
- JSON net Tokens, CORS, CSRF
Get prepared for authors Jamie Kurtz and Brian Wortman to take you from 0 to relaxation carrier hero very quickly in any respect. No past adventure with ASP.NET net API is needed; all internet API-related techniques are brought from uncomplicated ideas and constructed to the purpose the place you should use them in a construction method. a very good operating wisdom of C# and the .NET Framework are the one must haves to most sensible take advantage of this book.
What youll learn
- Introduction to the remainder architecture
- How to layout a relaxation API
- New functions in ASP.NET internet API 2
- Understanding ASP.NET net API controller activation
- Automatic lifetime administration for database connections and transactions
- Using NHibernate with ASP.NET net API
- Easily safe a relaxation carrier, utilizing standards-based authentication and authorization and JSON internet Tokens
- Supporting legacy cleaning soap callers with ASP.NET net API
- How to show relationships among resources
- Supporting partial source updates below REST
- Web API versioning
Who this booklet is for
Intermediate point builders in .NET, leisure, C#
Read or Download ASP.NET Web API 2: Building a REST Service from Start to Finish PDF
Similar microsoft programming books
The Definitive advisor to home windows API Programming, absolutely up-to-date for home windows 7, home windows Server 2008, and home windows Vista home windows method Programming, Fourth version, now includes wide new insurance of 64-bit programming, parallelism, multicore structures, and lots of different the most important subject matters. Johnson Hart’s strong code examples were up to date and streamlined all through.
Assuming purely easy wisdom of C#, starting C# five. zero Databases teaches the entire basics of database know-how and database programming readers have to speedy turn into hugely informed database clients and alertness builders. A accomplished educational on either SQL Server 2012 and visible Studio 2012, starting C# five.
Your hands-on consultant to visible easy basics extend your expertise—and train your self the basics of Microsoft visible simple 2013. in case you have prior programming adventure yet are new to visible easy 2013, this instructional gives you the step by step counsel and coding routines you must grasp middle subject matters and strategies.
Dig deep and grasp the intricacies of the typical language runtime, C#, and . web improvement. Led via programming specialist Jeffrey Richter, an established advisor to the Microsoft . web crew - you’ll achieve pragmatic insights for construction powerful, trustworthy, and responsive apps and elements. totally up-to-date for .
- Windows 10 Troubleshooting (Windows Troubleshooting Series)
- Develop and Use Complex Spreadsheets: Getting Results: Excel 2016
- Windows 8 App Projects - XAML and C# Edition (Expert's Voice in Windows 8)
- Excel 2013 - Programmation VBA: Guide de formation avec cas pratiques (Les guides de formation Tsoft) (French Edition)
- Pro WPF 4.5 in C#: Windows Presentation Foundation in .NET 4.5
Additional resources for ASP.NET Web API 2: Building a REST Service from Start to Finish
ASP.NET Web API 2: Building a REST Service from Start to Finish by Jamie Kurtz,Brian Wortman